CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

NY Spiedies

I don't eat these but my hubby does so I thought I'd include them here. Spiedies are a New York original, hailing from Binghamton, NY. There are spiedie sauces that come in bottles that are, I'm told, really good but hubby makes his own. Here's the recipe...

Spiedies

1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon parsley
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
cubed beef
French bread

wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes

Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Seal bag and allow beef to marinate overnight.

Preheat grill to medium heat.

Skewer beef and cook for 20 minutes.

Serve cooked meat on bread, sandwich-style.

0 comments: