CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Lemon Berry Tart

All summer long we pick berries here. I wash and freeze a lot of them. Now, when summer is long gone but we’ve got a hankering for something sweet and summery, I bring them out and put them to good use.

Any tart crust will do with this recipe. Sometimes I use a brown sugar tart. Other times, a basic pastry. Every now and again I’ll make this with a nut crust. As I said, the crust is completely up to you.

Enjoy!

Lemon Berry Tart

4 teaspoons strawberry preserves
3 cups berries
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup lemon curd
½ cup sugar

Whip together cream cheese and lemon curd until mixture is smooth. Spread mixture on cooled tart crust, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.

Shortly before serving, mix sugar with berries and set aside, allowing the juices to run.

Just before serving, arrange fruit on cheese and lemon mixture. Glaze with heated strawberry preserves and serve.

0 comments: