CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Veggie Soup

Happy New Year! One of my New Year's resolutions is to spend more time sharing recipes with you. I love to cook and bake, so this will be fun. I hope you enjoy the recipes!

One of my favorite meals on a cold, snowy winter day is soup and bread. And my favorite kind of soup is vegetable. I use this recipe often, substituting some of the vegetables as my mood dictates. The recipe is versatile—make it your own by adding whatever veggies you have on hand.

Enjoy!

Veggie Soup

1 large onion
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 cups vegetable broth
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup cut green beans
2 cups chopped spinach
1 chopped carrot
1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1 tablespoon dill
1 cup corn kernels
1 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
Parmesan cheese, if desired for sprinkling at serving

In a large stock pot, bring broth, onion and potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except for Parmesan cheese, and cook, uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired, at serving.

1 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: One of my New Year's resolutions is to spend more time sharing recipes with you.

LOL! I like this resolution. You have the most incredible recipes.

Happy New Year, Sarita. Looking forward to reading more. (I still have you on my Reader.)