CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Easy Chocolate Drop Cookies

I love cookies anytime of the year. I especially love them when it’s cold outside and I’m warm and toasty, sitting beside the fire sipping tea. These are fast and easy, and taste good enough to satisfy the sweet tooth in almost anyone.

Easy Chocolate Drop Cookies

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla and egg.

Sift together the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well. Stir in chopped nuts.

Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

1 comments:

Linus von Duchsenhausen said...

I tried this recipe substituting the vanilla for peppermint extract. I had no idea what to expect. They came out soft, like brownies, with crackled tops. I dusted them with powdered sugar and ate several, one after the other!